General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Polygonbay.com website. The following terms and conditions govern your access to the website and its use.
Terms and conditions to use Polygonbay.com website and its services are set forth in four documents:
- General Use Of the Website
- Polygonbay – management of Polygonbay.com website, Skuld Ltd., 103 Church Hill, E173BD London, United Kingdom.
- Customer – you, reader of this document, visiting or using Polygonbay.com website. And also anyone using Asset or Assets downloaded from Polygonbay.com.
- Site – Polygonbay.com website.
- Asset – is the collection of one or more digital files or images packaged in the form of a product on the Site that can be identified by a product ID, and that is downloaded by Customer, or otherwise made available to Customer, for Purchase on the Site. An asset may include 3D models, rigs, texture maps, application and plug-in software and shaders. Additionally, an Asset may include a number of individual files of different file formats to make it easier for Customers to work in a variety of software applications (such as 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush and so on) and images or other files that are used for promotional purposes. For Customers and their use in Works, this definition also includes derivative and intermediary files used for that purpose.
- Works – the work Customer creates using Asset or Assets purchased at Polygonbay.com website.
2. GENERAL USE OF THE WEBSITE
Ownership. Except as expressly licensed to Customer in these General Terms provided to Customer by Polygonbay such as those regarding Assets, Polygonbay and the owners of Assets retain all ownership, right, title, and interest in and to the services provided by Polygonbay, including the Site and all Assets.
Unauthorized Use. If Customer uses the Site or Assets in an unauthorized way, Polygonbay may terminate Customer’s account and pursue other penalties, damages, losses, and profits to which Polygonbay is entitled under this agreement or at law or equity. The following uses of the Site are explicitly prohibited:
- Except as expressly licensed to Customer, using an in-line link, frame, or forging headers around or URLs, or otherwise repackaging the Site in any way for commercial purposes;
- Obscuring or removing any watermark, copyright, or other proprietary notice from the Site or Assets;
- Mining, hacking, probing, spidering, crawling, or scraping the Site or Assets, or similarly gathering or extracting data (whether manual or robotic), including by indexing, caching, or aggregation;
- Decompiling, reverse engineering, or making derivative works;
- Interfering (or engaging in any activity that may interfere) with any user’s experience;
- Testing for technical vulnerabilities, or circumventing any security measures or access restrictions;
- Using the Site for recruiting purposes or to contact Polygonbay artists for any reason
An entity making a purchase on the Site is granted Royalty Free License for use of an Asset or Assets after the purchase. This entity can be either a person who must be at least 18 years of age or a corporate entity. The rights granted in this agreement are granted to the purchasing entity, its parent company, and its majority owned affiliates on a “royalty free” basis, which means that after a purchase from the Site, there are no future royalties or payments that are required.
The license granted is wholly transferable to other parties so long it is in force and not terminated, otherwise violated, or extinguished, as set forth herein.
- License Rights Granted. For Assets, Polygonbay grants to Customer a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right and license to copy, distribute, reproduce, adapt, publicly display, publicly perform, digitally perform, transmit, broadcast, telecast, advertise, create derivative works, and market Assets within Works in the uses authorized in this agreement.
- Sharing Assets. If Customer Purchases as an employee of a corporate entity,sharing Purchased Assets with other employees of Customer’s corporate entity is allowed. Examples of allowed sharing include storing files on a networked hard drive, and aggregating Assets for later use in future Works. Customer is responsible for any downstream distribution, use, or misuse by a recipient of a shared Asset.
These General Terms and Conditions above are effective for use with Assets on or after November 15, 2015.